Friday Fright Night - 25 October 2013
With a rich history steeped in centuries of ghastly tales, London is one of the world's spookiest cities, where history still haunts the streets, buildings and ancient towers. As the moon casts shadows over Halloween 2013, join hundreds of fellow riders on our creepy cycle of the city. Pass the haunted landmarks, as you pedal between our frightening pit-stops, enjoying a real Halloween celebration.
On a ride where all is not what it seems, it starts beneath the streets of Southwark from 8.00 pm onward - where Dracula's Crypt has long been a haven of the undead, with ghouls and monsters lurking within the shadowy arches of this vast underground vault. Slip past the Grim Reaper that guards the door and explore the Count's subterranean London lair. Demonic mechanics will tend to your bikes and the walking dead will serve up the best refreshments that Hell's Kitchen has to offer.
Dracula himself will be on hand to say a few words before sending you on your way, through a maze of haunted underground tunnels before you finally emerge on the streets of London. The Friday Fright Night has begun!
The 80 km / or 100 km route - (if you decide to cycle our added loop!) follows a figure of 8 blood trail across the city - from East to West - returning to the 'The Crypt' at the half way point to dine on some very hot food at Hell's Kitchen - cauldron curry, chilli con carnage, blood soup and more! Setting out from 10 pm the route loosely follows some of the city's most notorious horror spots - and includes 2 midpoint stops with snacks - one staffed by our dedicated team of witches, the other by a motley collection of vampires. The route will be mapped, signed and marshaled by our teams of High-Vis Zombies along the way - you wont want to get lost on this ride!
The figure of 8 route is split into 2 circuits/loops (each approx 40km in distance).
*Please note that there will be an extra circuit on the route for those wishing to take on 100km on the night.
- London's biggest Halloween cycle ride - join hundreds of other spooked up cyclists!
- Support vampires on bikes / in vehicles + zombie marshals.
- Option to cycle 80 km or a 100 km route
- FREE Moonriders neck buff & spoke lights
- Crypt entertainment before you set off
- 2 Halloween themed rest stops en route - FREE snacks / drinks
- FREE hot meal stop at halfway point - Hell's Kitchen's hottest dishes!
- Fully signed route (reflective signage + glow sticks) & route map with Halloween facts.
- Professional mobile bike mechanics, medics, event doctor.
- Fancy dress for you & your bike encouraged - prizes to be won!
- Personal liability insurance.
- FREE celebratory breakfast at the finish - back in The Cypt - safe as the sunrises
- Moonriders Medal and glass of bubbly
Only Self Funded places remaining!!
PAY YOUR OWN COSTS:
- £99 - a one off cost to be paid in FULL by card when signing up online!
Want to become a Moonrider? Click here to sign up to the challenge today.
"Loved it - the following Friday night I wanted to do it again."
- 2012 Moonrider